Sunday, January 18, 2009

Watching DVD's with the kids

We had a nice night watching DVD's last night. I finally saw Mama Mia and what a great film it was! It's a bit of a film for the girls I guess so I don't suppose my other half will ever want to get round to watching it unless I plonk him down and force him! He's more into typical men's films like war films and stuff. Fortunately we both like sci fi so at least we have something we both like watching.

So I watched Mama Mia and he made himself scarce while it was on but then he came back through when it was finished and we watched Cloverfield. It's been out for a while now but neither of us had seen it yet. I thought it was really good and quite scary. There weren't many glimpses of the beasts but what there was was well done. Like a lot of films it has pinched the idea from the Blair Witch project of having one of the particpants filming the action which makes it seem all the more real.

I do like watching a good film together, it's a cosy thing if you know what I mean - even when we are watching a scary sci fi.

No comments: