Sunday, February 22, 2009

Gadgets for home - wine

One of the great joys of web shopping is that I come across things for the house or the garden that often aren't seen in the high street shops. I really love gadgets for the kitchen and I am always on the look out for kitchen and home shopping websites that have stylish and innovative products.

There is a UK site I recently came across called www.objekts.co.uk that sells "Trendy, Funky Cool" products that has a great range of stylish Kitchen products, as well as decor products and outdoor barbecue products.

I love sites that have a mix of quality branded products with down to earth classic products and this has a great range at competitive prices. Check out the Alessi and Eva Solo Coffee and Tea products ranges for example.

My partner and I are wine lovers and I love wine accessories. We are not wine snobs you understand but we both enjoy a glass ( or two!) of wine regularly. One of the products I found on this site is, I think, exclusive to them because I certainly haven't seen it anywhere else.

It's called a Spinwine Wine aerator / purifier It's like a wine pourer - but with a twist! Red Wine is always best if it is served not only at around room temperature but also if it has been allowed to "taken some air" and breathe. Doing this before you drink it helps to make the wine more palatable and soften it. The oxygen in the air slightly oxidises the wine and helps to improve the taste. What is interesting about this gadget is that it does this as you pour the wine!

Oh well, enough for now, we have friends coming round tonight so I better get on with things.

No comments: