Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gordon ramsay in the soup

I watch a lot of television cooking programmes hosted by different chefs - it's one of my favourite types of TV programme. Gordon Ramsay though has never been my favourite TV chef. he's just to course and foul mouthed for my liking. If Gordon Ramsay is like that at home then I really don't know how his wife puts up with him.

Gordon Ramsay hit the papers this week when he published an open letter to his mother-in-law. Now I know some men seem to find their mothers-in -law a bit daunting but I bet few have had to resort to communicating with them using an open letter printed in a newspaper. Why Gordon Ramsay chose this approach to trying to deal with a family issue is beyond me - it's really very strange.

The issue seems to be that his father-in-law was the CEO of Ramsay's company and according to Ramsay he had been making a mess of it ( I'm sure Ramsay would describe it as a F*ing mess). So he fired him. This appears to have resulted in threats from the in-laws about breaking of contact. Ramsay's letter was hardly what conciliatory and he has now followed it up by sacking more members of his wife's family.

I feel sorry for Mrs Ramsay in all this - she seems as if she must be stuck in the middle. I wonder ho much of this she'll stand for before she starts laying down some rules both to her family and her husband. No more open letters is one rule you should go for girl.

No comments: