Sunday, November 21, 2010

Prince William should be next King

It was lovely to hear that Prince William is finally to marry his sweetheart Kate Middleton. Their relationship does seem to be a real one - unlike some Royal marriages!

I read a few cynical comments that suggest that this marriage has been announced just now simply to keep our minds off the financial hard times that the country is going through. Sorry but I don't think that can be true - the timing of the marriage seems quite natural to me.

The other big discussion is about the type of wedding they should have - a full scale state wedding with all it's pomp and circumstance or a more downsized version to match the times?

For me there is no question about it - I think they should go for the full scale wedding - lets see a real full blown British royal wedding and show them all how it's done. The tourists will go wild for it - and lets be honest so will most of us. I just can't see why anyone would want a cheap wedding for a future king.

And talking of that it seems that most of us Brits want Prince William to be the next King and not his father Charles. For some people the whole Charles Diana Camilla thing didn't do Charles any favours and they would like to see his son get the throne rather than him. I agree with this. What do you think?

No comments: